Yarraville Yoga Centre is pleased to announce a workshop with Caroline Coggins, Senior Iyengar Yoga Teacher from Sydney. Open to experienced Level One students and above. Sunday 6th June 1.30-4.30pm. Book Now
Madeline and some of our students having fun at the Yarraville Festival on Sunday 28 March. We met lots of people there and had a fun day. Many thanks to our fantastic students; Su, Judith, Stephanie and Michelle who came along to help us out meeting and greeting the public.
We had lots of entrants in our festival contest and gave away two 10 class passes and a kit of yoga gear from Iyogaprops.
YYC will continue to make all hard surfaced cleanable props available for those who prefer not to bring their own gear. Mats, blocks, chairs etc.
At a minimum You must bring your own belt and a large cloth cover for cushions and bolsters.
Our recommendation is that you bring a belt and a set of slip covers for 2 cushions and a bolster. We also recommend you bring one blanket or large towel.
Pillow slips or slip covers are best for covering shoulder stand cushions and bolsters.
All YYC equipment used must be cleaned with provided sanitiser before and after use.
Belts can be purchased at YYC for $10 if required. A full set of slip covers (2 cushions and one bolster) can be purchased for $18.
YYC will supply mats and props for use in Introductory classes though students are invited to bring their own gear as above if they have it.
What you will need
• A reliable internet service.
• A device with a large screen with an inbuilt camera and microphone (i.e. a laptop or tablet). Zoom advises that whilst phones work, joining online ‘meetings’ (i.e. yoga classes) using a phone may be problematic at present due to the huge surge in online activity by many industries and workplaces.
• Yoga Props. This is not the full kit that we use at the studio but at the very minimum you will need:
A mat, 2 blankets, 2 blocks and 1 belt.
Ideally you will also have a bolster, 2 shoulder-stand pads and a chair (it doesn’t have to be a Yoga chair, any kitchen variety will do). Feel free to improvise with household items (i.e. other blankets cushions etc). We will start teaching classes with minimum props to accommodate those who do not have a full prop kit.
YYC students can receive a 10% discount when purchasing from prop supplier iYogaprops using the discount code YYC.
• A clear space to practise free of clutter – consider this an opportunity to tidy up or rearrange the furniture! If you have a spare unfurnished wall and a door frame nearby that would be good.
What you need to do
• Download the Zoom app on the device you will be using and create a Zoom account. You will not need to purchase any Zoom plans. Zoom is already paid for by the host, which is Yarraville Yoga Centre.
Please use your first and last name as your Zoom name, so that teachers can easily see who is dialing in, especially if your video is not activated.
• Create an account in the new online booking system, and then purchase a pass. You can then book into the classes you wish to attend and the Zoom link details will be automatically emailed to you, usually up to 48 hours in advance.
To join your class you can either:
• click on the URL link in the email you receive, which will take you directly to the Zoom online class.
• open the Zoom app, click ‘Join Meeting’ and enter the Meeting ID number. The Meeting ID number will be in the email we sent you.
You will be given options to test your microphone and speaker. Go to the ‘meeting’. You will be allowed into a ‘waiting room’ where you wait for the meeting to start.
• Zoom has a number of helpful tutorials to help you get started https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
• Please do not copy or record our classes We are not making recorded copies. We ask you to respect out intellectual property rights and not record our classes in any way.
Online class etiquette
• Mute / Unmute – YYC will commence the classes with the participants ‘Unmuted’ – this means that you can talk to us and ask questions at the beginning of class. Please minimise background noise in your practice space during class. Once we get started the teacher will ‘Mute’ participants to further minimise background noise. If, during class, you need to ask a question, you can ‘Unmute’ yourself and then ‘Mute’ yourself again once your question has been answered.
• Please be patient – We are all navigating new territory and trying the best we can to ensure that you can still do quality yoga during this time. Initially, there will probably be glitches. The internet service might drop out, Zoom might crash if overloaded or the teacher might even push the wrong button!!! If the class drops out, just wait, check your emails and we will try and get it up and running again.
|Wednesday 17 February 2021 – YYC will be reopen again from Thursday 18 February for in-studio classes! Online classes will continue, but we are pleased to be able to deliver in-studio classes as well. See you on the mat.|
Friday 12 Feb 2021 – Following the announcement about the Victorian lockdown, all YYC in-studio classes will be temporarily suspended, with the aim of reopening on Thursday 18 February.
Online classes will be continuing, and where possible in-studio classes will be converted to online classes too. If you are currently booked into an in-studio class during the 5 day lockdown your booking will be moved to the online session of that class. If you do not wish to attend online, you just need to cancel out the booking via your online account.
Introductory students will have their passes extended as required as these classes will not currently be available online.
For latest updates to YYC classes:
– www.yarravilleyoga.com.au (Covid-19 updates – top right of page)
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view online class calendar
Class timetable runs as normal during ALL public holidays except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
See you on the mat at Yarraville Yoga Centre.